Storm Bulls owning property

From: Dom Twist <thazar_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 08:52:48 +0100

While Storm Bulls would not normally own lands in Orlanthi cultures I see no bar against them doing so.

Unlike Humankt followers who step outside the clan structure through deliberate choice, Storm Bullies are still part of their Tribe and Clan.

To look at Norse Vikings it was not unheard of for a famed Viking or Beserk (Egil Skallagrimsson springs to mind) to come in to property and leave it in charge of a friend or relative while they go off on a rampage round foreign parts.

IMG a prominant warrior type owns a third share in a large stead, he leaves the management of this to the other share holders (his two brothers) who are much more suited to the farming life. It's not unheard off for someone to want to change from the warriors life and take up farming after many years as a warrior (if they live long enough). Not many Storm Bulls are going to retire I'll grant you. But if a follower of Babesta Gor can settle down and change to worship of Ernalda maybe a storm Bull might turn to 'Little Brother' Orlanth in his old age (! Do Storm Bulls ever get to old age?)

Dom