Re: Solar LBQ

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:37:52 +0100 (BST)

Peter Metcalfe replies to Jane Williams:

> >Question: who gets the part of Orlanth in the ritual? A real Orlanthi
> >wouldn't apologise humbly, and anyone other than a real Orlanthi
> >wouldn't lend much strength to the ritual.

> The Orlanthi don't use Yelmies in their rituals so why should the
> Yelmies use an Orlanthi?

The Orlanthi do have a person in the solar role, though, to wit your friendly (?) neighbourhood Elmal cultist. I'm sure they're also happy to use less-than-friendly Yelmalians, too... Actual Dara Happan types would be rare, one would think, but certainly a more than acceptable substitute -- indeed, would likely make the ritual more powerful.

Modern-day Yelmies have a ready-made apologetic rebel in Danfive Xaron; before Lunar times, I doubt that deliberate enactment of this as an actual Quest was at all common, so I'll thusly dodge the question as it relates to earlier.

Cheers,
Alex.