Shah

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:41:04 EDT

Nick Brooke on Shahs:
<< I had assumed that the title "Shah" had some degree of odium attached to it  in the early Empire after the overthrow of Carmanian rule, and would fall  into disuse for that reason.

Whilst I can see your point I am not entirely convinced. I'm Orlanthi (80%) convinced.
The old Satrap/Sultan arguement could be used, although that was a Carmanian/Pentan translation problem.

It seems to me that the horrors of Carmanian oprression of Dara Happa would have been pretty much forgotten after the horrors of the Sheng Seleris regime, and therefore the title of Shah might not look so bad in the *modern* day. I agree that it would be fairly uncommon to refer to Moonson as the Shah, just as it would be odd to refer to him as the Paradisal Aviator, or whatever other titles he may have. The rebel Emperors (Vinyargatha etc) may have seen Moonson as just a new oppressive Shah but that was a long time ago.

Keith N