Aggar

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 18:57:36 +1200

David Dunham:

JB>>>Aggar does have Orlanth worship, within the Glowline.

Me>> Aggar is within the Glowline?

>I've always assumed that at least parts are, given that all of Tarsh
>is, and Tarsh is further than Aggar from Glamour. As well as having
>been part of the Empire for longer, I believe.

My understanding is that Aggar became Lunar-controlled about some thirty years after Tarsh did. Secondly just because all Tarsh is under the Glowline (ignoring the Exiles, Ormsgone Vale and the Farpoint tribes) does not mean that Glowline is worth extending to cover Aggar.

The Temple of the Reaching Moon near Furthest places all land within ten hexes or 80 kilometres at the most*. This would mean there would be some temples are at Filichet and Mirin's Cross. Now some parts of Aggar do lie close to Mirin's Cross, so some of of Aggar is within the Glowline. But I don't think it reaches beyond the Aggar Hills which would be out of place with its description as the "most wild and least controlled" of the Lunar Provinces.

*But the Old Wind Temple where Tatius tries to found the Temple of the Reaching Moon is a lot further than ten hexes away from the Glowline. So it might seem that a) he choose it in a special place, or b) he established a secondary temple somewhere in North Sartar.