Temples of the Reaching Moon

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 00:45:42 +1200

Joerg Baumgartner

Me>> This would mean there would
>> be some temples are at Filichet and Mirin's Cross.

>Saird will have at least one major Temple of the Reaching Moon - it
>should be the source of the "Six-Armed Goddess of Saird" summoned by
>Argrath to overcome Sheng Seleris.

Mirin's Cross is in Saird. It's also capital of the Provincial Government so I think there would be a Temple to the Reaching Moon there.

Alex Ferguson:

>Surely the object [of the temples of the Reaching Moon] isn't to 'cover'
>the Empire, but to form a 'line' around it? So granted to extends some
>way beyond the actual point-to-point line, but surely it's not necessary
>have them every 20 'hexes', and not all the way back to Glamour?

I think it runs from the Temple of Yara Aranis at Good Shore rather than Glamour. Secondly the structure of the Glowline is more of a web AFAIK than a rope around the Empire (mainly through Yara Aranis's similarities to a spider).

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #41