Aggar history

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 00:03:27 +1200

Joerg Baumgartner

>> My understanding is that Aggar became Lunar-controlled about some
>> thirty years after Tarsh did.

>It wasn't an Orlanthi haven when Arim fled before Hwarin Dalthippa's
>conquests, or there would have been no need to risk crossing the
>Deathline.

Because Trolls were kicking arse bigtime in Aggar then.

	"Halikiv expanded its borders in all directions for a time,
	expanding over the mountains which were impassable to humans
	and difficult even for trolls.  Hunting parties regularly
	swept through the spruce woods south of the Mislari Mountains,
	harassing elves who lived there.  They also raided the humans
	of the Aggar region so continually it was nearly abandoned by
	them."
			Uz Lore p29

No precise date is given for this but it's bracketed between the grand alliance of Guhan-Arolanit-Tanisor versus Jorstland (c. 1200) and the rise of Retter the Stalker (c. 1350). So there's an excellent reason why Arim would regarded Aggar as unsuitable.

>I think that Aggar was as much a part of the Provincial Kingdoms as
>Wales was a part of Norman England - on and off.

But the Lunar Provinces aren't established until after Palashee Longaxe's revolt (c. 1550) well after Arim's time. Until then, most of the southern kingdoms paid tribute to the Temple of the Conquering Daughter.