Sartarite Mountains

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:16:04 +1200

Darvall:

>I'm writing a cameo involving a pilgrimage (not a quest as such) to a
>sacred mountain. At the moment Kero Fin or Stormwalk (I assume they're
>different) seem apropriate but I need more precise info on their location
>than that which I have.

Kerofin is a 12 km peak smack-dab in the middle of Tarsh Exile territory and borders the Upland Marsh. It's also known as Wintertop, a name which may make it easier to find on most maps (such as p59 of the Genertela Book).

It's tricky getting to Kerofin because the Exiles are real SOBs that hate both Sartarites and Tarshites. The Dragonewt Road into the Temple is dead easy _if_ you're a dragonewt. Flying is the next best option.

Stormwalk Mountain is a spiral mountain in the middle of the Storm Hills between Heortland and Prax (cf the Genertela Book map on p51). It's best to enter it from the Heortland side because the people there are Orlanthi unlike the hostile Praxians on the other side.

A road to it runs from Jansolm westward to its base according to the RQ2 map yet the Holy Country Map (also printed in Tradetalk #4) indicates that you might have to travel southwestward to Durengard before heading up the Bullflood River to Stormwalk. You can also get there via the Road (described in Tales #18 - although I can't quite grok the rationale used for getting the PCs to try it - surely another way out of the clan's predicament would have been to get the Storm Bullies dead drunk and then safely kick the snot out of them).

>Also any info on other sacred peaks of Sartar would be welcome.

None of them are as important as those. There's the Quivin Mountains which includes one Sacred Top on which three Sartarite princes are burned. There's also Saraskos's Hill near Boldhome which is also sacred. They are places where you speak to dead kings apparently.

There's also the Six Sisters near the Sazdorf ruins but I don't know if they have any sacral importance to the Sartarites.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #81