Abortion

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 00:33:06 +1200

Morgan Conrad:

>But, anybody have
>any idea on the Erissan/Deezolan attitude towards abortion?

I don't think this will be much of an issue generally in glorantha considering that many classical cultures practiced birth after the sprog had been born. The Romans and Greeks exposed unwanted kids while the Carthaginians offered them up to Moloch. The roman's own practices didn't stop them from condemning the Carthaginians and (alleged) Christian practices, mind you.

I can't think of anything that would make Erissa or Deezola opposed to abortion. Erissa is more concerned with sight and healing and probably would find eye-gouging more offensive whereas Deezola is less of a healer. None of this prevents them from viewing it as a sad occurence, but it's not something they would be up in arms about, considering what else goes on in the Empire (Emperor's tastes, slavery, taxes etc).