Moonboats

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:36:03 +1200

Nicholas Davison:

>Does anyone have any information on Moon Boats?

>2. They travel between Temples of the Reaching Moon and crash
>if these are destroyed (Revolt in the Redlands)

If true, it would be impossible for the Moonboat in "Strangers in Prax" to actually reach Pavis for there is no Temple of the Reaching Moon there.

The Temple could provide additional lunar energy to cartload excessive troops or provide support when the moon is dark (but OTOH the Temple of the Reaching Moons are within the glowline so the moon is effectively full...)

>3. They have stables for wyverns.(Strangers in Prax)

I don't think this is common to all Moonboats. Where do the Wyverns come from anyway?

>Any other ideas please?

Since the Moonboat factories are in Darjiin, I imagine the secrets for creating the Moonboats arise out of Darjiinian Lunar mythology. The core crew of the Moonboats thus would be Darjiinians with their lewd habits and have a shrine to Yestendos on board.