Re: Awakened herdmen

From: MHopkins <MHopkins_at_kingston-grammar.surrey.sch.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:39:18 +0100

> Rob
>
> Hang on a minute, this gives rise to another idea. Every now and then
> (IIRC) a "super" (awakened) herd beast wanders out of the great cave in
the
> Paps. Does this mean that there will occasionally be births of awakened
> Herd Men? Is an awakened Herd Man a human?

I'm afraid I can't answer to the truth of the birthing cave awakened herd beasts, but as they exist through the runespell and as allied spirits here's my 2 clacks:

Whilst an awakened herdman would be a normal human physically, mentally he would be very different. He would have vastly greater empathy with morokanth than any other human because of the ancient kinship ties, in the same way that an awakened sable/impala/bison/etc would feel for both the riders and ridden of his tribe.

As the vast majority of these awakened herdmen are servants to morokanth khans and shaman they would hold an orthodox line on the survival covenant: "Yes, the herdmen of the other tribes cheated: I am a very blessed and lucky individual for who Waha had a greater purpose."

Meirion