assassins in the LE

From: Styopa <styopa_at_iname.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 19:56:30 -0500

>(For some reason, the goddess Natha springs to mind as a good'un for
>assassins to worship. Although there are plenty of other demons and deities
>who'd do just as well. Natha, of course, is the proto-Lunar goddess of
>Murder and Blasphemy and Sacrilege).

I'm curious about this - I rather think that while the BMC are the hard cases of the assassination world (available basically to anyone with the money and the right connections) the indivdual houses' assassins would be of a generally more refined paradigm, extraordinarily skilled and focussed advisors to the house leaders. I.e. they in some cases may actually act almost independently within (or rather, for) a house, pursuing the highest political goals of the house by their own means. These aren't the for-hire thugs of the BMC, these would be the most skilled individuals a house could produce, given that the dart wars (and the threat thereof) are capable of changing the political landscape so completely.

My $.02.