Re: Kralorelan/draconic expert? - draconic retribution

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 01:55:55 +0100 (BST)

Bob Stancliff:
> In my game, Immanent Mastery is the simplest portion of the EWF lore
> which any human could understand. It is power over substance, divorced
> from the mystic truths, and falsely applied. This helps explain why it is
> still popular among the ignorant and lower populations of Kralorela. A
> true mystic would see through the mummery of Charismatic Wisdom and know
> that the Path is empty of enlightenment.

A True Mystic would in most cases also rubbish Enlightenment, but that blatant aside, aside, I think the above is entirely correct. The False Dragon's Ring mastered the superficialities of draconism, at the ultimately disasterous cost of ignoring what it meant to truly realise one's draconic nature. If the PoIM doesn't perfectly cpature this folly, I don't know what else does.

An other interesting point is the degree to which the PoIM resembles an Hsunchen cult (albeit a Hsunchen cult gone stark raving mad, it must be said), which I shan't comment on, other than this self-referential comment about how 'interesting' that in fact is).

Cheers,
Alex.