Top of the EWF pyramid

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 21:34:35 +0000

David Dunham

> Well, not all dinosaurs are failed dragonewts. I don't think the
> gazzam of Peloria are, and Maran Gor's earthshakers surely have a
> different origin as well.

Maran Gor's dinos may or may not - they might as well have been adopted newt failures.

> As for the Emperor of the EWF: didn't it devolve into a pyramid
> scheme? That too implies someone at the top...

Yes - AFAIK, dragons, individuals possibly made up of (or supported as dragons by) small coteries of priests.

> Note that just because there's an emperor doesn't mean he's
> necessarily the most powerful or important person in the empire.

We know of one Emperor dragon. It ruled Dara Happa.

> The EWF as "empire" did last for nearly 500 years. It's doubtful that
> it remained in exactly the same form for the entire period.

Fact is that certain changes in the EWF had vast consequences. The EWF visited by Hrestol Arganitis seems to have been fairly Orlanthi-acceptable, whereas later dragon-forming pyramid scheme required a lot of mystic insight to remain palatable.