Re: Perfect Emperor=Dream

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 05:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

Alex:

>One place that _does_ have this dreaming business in spades is the
>East Isles, so if one takes a 'recombinant' approach to eastern
>mysticism, and applies EI viewpoint to Kralorelan facts on the ground,
>then one might end up with... well, I'm not sure what exactly, but
>it sounds like a entertaining stunt to attempt, at least.

I'm thinking on it right now...

A couple of years ago, the dragon-dream connection prompted the idea that dragonewts are so weird because they are simultaneously dreaming and fully awake. The idea may not hold water nowadays though.

The dream magicians of the East Isles probably do have an opinion about Kralorela and draconic stuff in general. I guess it's on the line that the Kralorelans do stuff with dreams, but that they aren't aware that that's what they are doing. They are thus not quite in control, playing with fire...

Nils Weinander

Do You Yahoo!?