Tradetalk

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:20:50 +1300

Bob Stancliff:

>I am not clear why Tradetalk has to be considered magical just because
>it is created by a god.

Because it was created to aid communication with strangers? If it is just an ordinary language then why would merchants use Tradetalk at all and not some pidgin version of their own language?

>All, or most, of the languages should be considered
>created by gods since their roots are in the godtime, but they are not
>considered magical.

Most people in glorantha do not speak godtime languages, but non-magical devolutions of them as a result of the Gods War. Hence their non-magical nature is not proof that Tradetalk is also non-magical.