New Additions to MOB's Glorantha Page

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 12:58:44 +1000

G'day all,

New Additions to MOB's Glorantha Page

Wow, Kevin Rose's incredibly useful Glorantha Digest Search Query Page <http://chmeee.pronetsolutions.com/gd/> is wonderful! So much so, not only have I added it to my links page, I had a bit of wade through assorted Glorantha Digests and Dailys past and found several old articles of mine. I've popped them up on MOB's Glorantha Page <http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html>.

What's new includes:

*Strangers in Prax: The Lunar Coders - Errata

*Strangers in Prax: Maculus the Monitor Notes

*"What is Darkness?" - the Sun Domer POV (from "Drastic Darkness").

*A News & Reviews section
Features reviews of the recent "Pavis & Big Rubble" reprint, "The Meints Index to Glorantha II" and "Ye Booke of Tentacles II". Also has old reviews of the atrocious "Lost City of Eldarad" and appalling "Daughters of Darkness".

Also included is "RuinedQuest?" from Tales #5, the 1991 investigation into the future of the game by the "TotRM editorial staff". I offer this as a document of purely historical interest, or perhaps as a bitter lament for what could have been. Sadly, RQ is of course now long dead. Read our "11 Point Plan for Productivity and Prosperity" and see how many AH actually put into use...

Cheers,

MOB Jane sez:
> Compare American and Australian English (both of which have had
> much more time to drift) to the real thing, and I think you'd agree that
> the common language of Pavis is Sartarite with an accent.

Bob Stancliff disagrees and replies:

>I feel that you oversimplify if you imply that American and Australian
>are 'British with an accent'. The local vocabularies are different enough
>to be full dialects, and not just pronunciation changes.

I don't know where Bob is from, or what version of English he speaks, but

MICHAEL O'BRIEN - 9 Parker Street Richmond VIC 3121 Australia +61-3-9428-9048
           Email me : mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html