Mass Marketed Auld Wyrmish

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 09:24:25 EST

In a message dated 10/27/99 6:51:19PM, you write:

<< As regards Auld Wyrmish, I am putting forward the possibility that a mass-marketable derivative of this was used as the common tongue in the EWF, and it was not the same as the language dragonewts spoke/speak. (Otherwise many people without good linguistic/mystic capability would be unable to speak it.)

 Only the higher echelons (true dragon mystics, scholars and philosophers) would actually learn the many-fold variants of true Auld Wyrmish, although this might be a significant part of the population

I agree with this proposition about Auld Wyrmish. I think a more significant section of the population would have been able to communicate with it though, but still regard as more than 'just a language'. Auld Wyrmish could almost have been the EWF equivalent of the Godlearner Tradetalk (BTW I think the Godlearners created Tradetalk, using the Communication 'Issaries' Rune). The human language of the Orlanthi EWF would have been some ancient Theyalan tongue, but no more similar to modern Sartarite as it is to modern Tusk Rider (to choose a definite EWF descendant).

Keith N