Terra Incognita questions

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 09:24:14 EST

TERRA INCOGNITA writes:
I am sorry if I have misunderstood or misinterpreted your statements/questions:

<< I'm hardly imagine the difference of pyramid-scape
 of two independent world.
 normal man generals who easily can be killed by assassins.  should be compared with outer ring of heros, middle demigods,   and inner guards and god-like-emperor in gloranthan great army.>>

If this is questioning the differences inherent in a hierarchy in a world where leadership usually involves supernatural powers and abilities (like glorantha) and a normal world where leaders are just 'normal' people (like the Real World) then I also sometimes find it hard to imagine. However, most supernatural Gloranthan heroes have their equals, enemies and weaknesses.

<< How do you imagine changes of number in short:
 Decrease and Increase of races and nations in past.>>

Generally, Elder races have always decreased, human population has an upward trend, but has also had quite a few disasters. I wouldn't like to put definite figure on any of them but, for example, SLontos rolling over would have killed thousands, Jrustela sinking even more.

<< great darkness decimated much number of all intelectual races
 first age DAWN / Council of Genertela, Old Kralorelan Empire  Argentium Thrille
 Campaign of Kingtroll
 :gbaji curse and reign of dark empire offsetted each other for troll kindred

 elder races conflict each other at start of this age  second age EMPIRE / EWF, Godlearner Empire, Mokato, Errinoru Yellows  Battle of Tanian
 Lapsing magical channel, Assassination by Annilla Trolls and Dragonewts for  generals and nobles of EWF, GE
 Dragonkill of True Golden Horde
 Closing catastrophy
 :reach to maximum human population in large stable political systems.

 third age HERO / Lunar Empire
 Campaign of Hurtstar
 Night of Horror>>

Is this a list of population affecting disasters? If so what is the Campaign of Hurtstar, which sounds interesting?

<< please more info about three eyed picu,>>
I think Piku was a metalsmith in apple lane who was a Third Eye Blue cultist from Fronela. (from memory)
<< broken mostali.>>

a heretical mostali who has failed to follow the Way of Mostal is termed Broken and will die.
<<third blue eye cult>>

This was some sort of cult that was originally Fronelan, somehow obtained the secret of metal working from the dwarfs and moved to the Brass Mountains in Pelanda (Carmania) for some reason. The Third Eye enabled them to see the secrets of the metal (I think)
<< fronelan continued ban area:clucible of hw>>
Charg is the biggest bit of Ban left, although there are others on the map
<<sironder forefront>>

Syranthir Forefront was a Loskalmi noble, a lord of Akem, who was driven out of Fronela by Godlearners and settled in Pelanda. He went to Castle Blue and had a son, Karmanos, by the Goddess Charmain, who was the first Shah.

<< brass cataphract equiteses:carmanian war equipment>>
I don't know what equiteses is but IMG I had the Carmanian Brass Cataphracts as a troop of Heavy Cavalry with the best armour in the world; superb dwarfmade scale armour. This was only of use because they had Carmanian Great Horses (the biggest in Peloria) ample supplies of Bronze (from the Brass Mountains) and skilled metal workers (either dwarfs of third eye blue cultists). They looked like Byzantine Cataphracts, probably more so.

<< broken council guidebook>> a guidebook from the broken council Freefrom.
<< mystical cult of metalsmith>> I don't know what this is.

 <<there are number of three-eyed people in glorantha,what means?  hwarlin dalthippa
 third eye blue cult
 solar storm of bliss of ignorance>>

The third eye generally refers to some form of extra perception or insight. (IMO)    Keith N