two eyes good, three eyes better?

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:55:58 +0800

>The third eyes of Hwarin Dalthippa, Yara Aranis, Solar Storm and
>the Crimson Bat are a sign of enlightenment/illumination etc.

        And what do the fourth, fifth, sixth, etc eyes of the Crimson Bat symbolise? I wouldn't throw the bat in with the others. The symbolism of its eyes are a little different - they represent inner knowledge, yes, but not just one particular type of inner knowledge, and they also represent the stars (which, considering the number, is perhaps the most pertinent symbolism).

        Obviously, as Peter points out, there are third eyed beings whose third eye does not represent 'enlightenment' in this way, but something else - notable Deshkorgos and Zorak Zoran. Perhaps it does represent some sort of secret perception, though, perhaps a certain intimacy with the underworld.

        I hope Peter and I don't end up in an argument over this - I would hate to start a Third Eye Blue :-) (very bad pun on old australian slang)

	Cheers
		David