Issaries quests

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:52:45 +0800

>I am looking for an Issaries HeroQuest (not the LBQ). Has anybody some
>material or ideas?
	There is the Garzeen quest, where you seek marriage.
	There is the extended final part of the Garzeen quest, seeking to
rebuild Genert. This is the Desert Trackers quest, where you take a part of Genert to the magical growing ground in the centre of the wastes, thus hastening the rebirth of Genert a little.

        There is the simple Spare Grain quest - starting from only a borrowed handful of grain, trade it around until you have gained wealth, and are then able to repay the grain, having gained something from nothing and benefiting all. While not dramatic, I think this one is very important symbolically - I wouln't be surprised if its often re-enacted.

        For reasons connected with the LBQ and the Issaries role as psychopomp, Issaries traders are required to map the underworld where they can. Usually this consists of trading for information, but on occasion I am sure it can consist of survey expeditions.

        Sartar was an Issaries hero - so look at his quests for inspiration. Make peace, build a road, transform your enemies into harmless beings.

        Magic road heroquests are particularly associated with Issaries - Path Watch, of course, being a superb spell for anyone on this sort of quest (ie the troll heroquester in Biturians story attempts to trade for it, and Biturian comments that this smacks of heroquesting).

        Plus all the things noted by Peter and Keith.

	Cheers
		David