Vampires

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:29:34 EST

IMG I took the shamans view of sorcerors (that their souls had shrivelled to ashes) to be something to do with the magic point regeneration ability of a sorceror. In order ot be a good sorceror you would need to convert some of your POW into 'lifeless' sorcery POW which basically acted in place of 'Free Int'. The remaining 'living' POW regenerated MPs but the lifeless POW did not. Thus a good sorceror might be very slow at regenerating POW (my game rationale was to make sorcerors hole themselves up in towers for long periods just to get the magic points back). Anyway, logically, a vampire was simply a sorceror who had no 'living' POW left and was therefore 'dead' and needed to replenish his/her magic points in some way - traditional vampiric power and blood sucking would be convenient ways of doing this. This, incidentally, makes vampires a bit sorcery oriented.

Keith N