Krang's Table

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:22:41 +1100

G'day all,

Krang's Table

Given the general consensus is "Krang's Table" is almost a sure-fire "hose the PCs" way to kill off any party - unless (like Andrew Morton's group), they have miraculously good luck, or (like David or Keith's groups), they take a look at the place and say "bugger that" - I truly wonder what the point of publishing it was. Like Andrew says, "Krang's Table" seems to lack an obvious deux et machina to save the characters, or even hints towards one.

As the author thinks sending your PCs out bollock-naked at the trolls
"would be a glorious death!", I doubt there is a missing "escape from
Krang" section that accidentally got chopped from the final product. I wonder what the original Chaosium playtesters thought of the scenario (if indeed they ever played it?) The scenario ain't a bad one, except for the crap ending. If it had come to us at TotRM, I think we would have asked for considerable changes before devoting 14 pages to it in our magazine.

Cheers,

MOB PS Sergio, I have sent my reviews of "Pavis&Big Rubble", "MIG II" and
"Tentacles II" to RPGNet.

MICHAEL O'BRIEN - 9 Parker Street Richmond VIC 3121 Australia +61-3-9428-9048
           Email me : mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html