RE: the lord of fly

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_ioxy.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:59:21 -0600

"TERRA INCOGNITA" <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
> decision between fatawa(illegal gods sometimes revered dark shahs) and
> jargiz(accepted gods) in carmanian magi house brostangian
> archmoor hierofant
> of brinnus/son of yolanela has as his right.

as he is the hierophant of the house of magi, you are partly right. however, no house is a dictatorship. IMG there is some kind of voting process, but outsiders don't know how it works. YGMV.

> spolite empire was main adversary of syranthir and carmanos
> and IMO, this people use both divine magic of darkness and
> sorcery of YarGan
> this was why Ganesatarus/GanEstoro/Estoro ofYarGan probably was
> the great god of spolite /enemy-god of native pelandans in Entekosiad
> was seen carmanian Satan.

that's how I see it too.

> moreover in my expectation,
> arronius jaranthir abandoned some jargiz in the old empire as out of lunar
> way
> (this category involves Humakt and Valind) and
> admitted some fatawa like gerra of dezarpovo and natha of
> goddess well oppressed by anti-mysticism in elder masclinists.

that's a little harsher than my view. I think that Humakt and Valind are still counted among the hundred good gods, though they are hopelessly unfashionable and old-fashioned. For instance, Humakt shrines might be included in Yanafal Tarnils' temples, and he/it may be counted as a sort of mystical precursor of the god of the Lunar Warriors. Valind is definitely worshipped in the mountains, and IMG he has an immortal daughter living there.

> list of my fatawas in my surmise:
>
> Oktaki of Enthyr:spolite capital
> Gods of freshwater sea/blue people/King Oronin?
> YarGan the Sorceror at kendesos
> troll gods
> strong vampire entities in grey mountains
> chaos deities/ikadz
> dark-earth goddesses

I think that Ikadz is worshipped by Carmanians of the 17th century ST. They do not think of him as Chaotic/False, but as Dark/Terrible. Executioners and torturers are necessary for their society. Execution is a public duty, as are the arts of excruciation. Ikadz is a terrible deity, but he is an integral part of the social system, and after death he shrives the weight of the mortal shell from Carmanians so they may walk across the bridge of swords. The Bridge is sharp, and those whose attachment to the mortal world is too heavy will be sliced to bits as they fall into the chasm of eternal gloom.

The interesting question is this, given that a good Carmanian must strive to embody both principles of light and darkness, what do torturers of Ikadz do with their time when they aren't slaying, flaying, and extracting confessions? Do they take orphans fishing, plant gardens, raise enormous families, perform intricate musical pieces, fashion beautiful jewelry?

What do you think?