Re: Tarshite

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:55:17 GMT

> >Hrm. Is Tarshite in the Pelorian sub-family of 'Theyalan', then?
>
> Yes, according to the example of Rurik the Restless on p33 of the
> Glorantha Book.

Ah! I'd missed that one when looking this stuff up again. I'm indebted to m'learned and antipodean friend for his superior Library Use.

> IMO the linguistic gulf largely results from the
> isolation as a result of the Dragonkill and the cultural impact of
> the Lunar Empire upon the Pelorian Orlanthi.

I guess that's a large chunk of it at least, though to some extent I'd think it'd date back to the whole business of Vingkot and his missuses. But in that case the boundary is less clear (at least to me)...

Slan,
Alex.