Tarshite

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:01:13 +0000

Peter asked:
> Do you then believe that speakers of Tarshite would not know a
> smattering of New Pelorian as RQ2 sez?

Lunar Tarshites doubtlessly will know a smattering of New Pelorian. It will be as hard to avoid as 8-year-old German kids knowing a smattering of English, the way New Pelorian haunts the Lunar Tarshites with religion, ideology and related terms.

I doubt that the Far Point or Wintertop tribes have much familiarity with New Pelorian. (Far Point before 1602, that is.) This means that Tarshite has no intrinsic traits of the languages of the Pelorian bowl, but in Lunar Tarsh the language has absorbed a lot of New Pelorian.