Tarshite:

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:57:41 EST

In a message dated 11/11/99 5:29:39AM, you write:

<< Alex Ferguson:

>Hrm. Is Tarshite in the Pelorian sub-family of 'Theyalan', then?

 Yes, according to the example of Rurik the Restless on p33 of the  Glorantha Book. IMO the linguistic gulf largely results from the  isolation as a result of the Dragonkill and the cultural impact of  the Lunar Empire upon the Pelorian Orlanthi.

This is a quite change form RQ2 where Tarshite was also called Old Pelorian, related to Lunar (New Pelorian) with a 50% conversion factor, but not, apparently related to Sartarite. I prefer, in this case, Tarshite to be a Theyalan language, and therefore the RQ3 version, but note that it was seperated from Sartarite speakers for a considerable period (ie about 300 years) and would still be quite different.

Just reading the stuff on Pelorian languages in Glorantha book I note that it states that 600 years ago the rulers of Peloria (this would have been the EWF) spoke a "now extinct Theyalan dialect". Since Old Pavis is not extinct the "extinct Theyalan dialect" spoken by the EWF rulers of Peloria was not Old Pavic.

Keith N