Lopers

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:35:34 +0800

Kevin Rose quoted Sandy Petersen
> Lopers are largish animals, described sometimes as
>"kangaroo-like", and in fact they _are_ kangaroo-like in that they
>are hopping bipeds with a long flexible tail. But there the
>similarities end. Lopers are not even mammals, as far as I know.
>They are very agile and can leap freely. Most impressively, they are
>able to teleport. They seem to be semi-intelligent.

        I can tell you a bit more about them now, as has been discussed on the digest a bit more recently. The Lopers are physically much the same as the extinct mammal called the woropus or moropus. They are not really very kangaroos like - I think their forelimbs are larger than the back limbs, in stark contrast to a kangaroo. They look clumsy when moving slowly, but look graceful and powerful when loping across the plains.

	Cheers
		David