The Quiet Life of Lunar civilians

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 01:08:58 +1300

Simon Bray

>I must admit that life in
>Dragon Pass is going to be a lot more hectic and magical than life in a
>Lunar tenement, but don't quote me on that.

I would say merely different myself. It may not be as dangerous but hectical and magical would be apt descriptions of the daily life of lunar civilians IMO. With circus races, tax-collectors, riots, darjiinian orgies, informers, chaotic accidents, dart competitions, exotic drugs, dangerous philosophies, secret evil societies, daily humane Dara Happan punishments (crucifictions, impalements and flayings), evil omens, curses of the gods, bribery and scandalous rumours about the latest imperial vice, how can anyone think Lunar society to be dull and boring?