Troll discipline.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:57:33 +1300

Dan McCluskey:

>I just wanted to take issue with Peter Metcalfe's comments that the security
>precautions taken by the Uz in Krang's Table were somhow un-trollish...

>I will concede immediately that no troll worth the name is going to wake up
>in the evening and think "gawsh, I'ze wanna stand Guard all night". And
>that they are rather lazy and unorganized by nature. However, trolls are an
>emotional lot, and one of their main driving emotions is fear, which
>combined with the huge wealth of Krang's clan (It make free FOOD!!!) very
>quickly becomes paranoia. And paranoid leaders make for active underlings.

The archetype of a fear-ridden troll is Zorak Zoran. Even then they do not have normally take the security measures as Krang does but act in an irrational manner. And even if they were disciplined (as some Zorak Zorani troll gangs are), I strongly doubt that it extends to twelve seperate guard posts within three story building that is only accessible through a cellar and from the roof (speaking of which, there's a front and back door into the stronghold according to the map). This is the residence of a troll clan with female uz and trollkin around, it is not a high-level military installation.

And trolls can obtain decent security with trollish tactics. The Sazdorf manage to live without Krang's security routines.