Arkat's Father

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:32:05 +1300

David Weihe:

Me>> Given that the Brithini claim Arkat's Father to be a barbarian
>> warrior, there are few other places where he could have come from.

>Actually, I thought that the story had him from the borderlands between
>Ralios and Seshnela. Admittedly, Western geography is not my strong
>suit, but the myth that I read had it that he left there for Sog City,
>and only later from Sog City went to Brithos.

And who wrote this particular story? If it's the one I'm thinking off, then it's a) an unofficial interpretation and b) Arkat's Father was supposed to have come from the Ralian highlands/East Wilds.

>Anyway, the Brithini think that everywhere but Brithini territory is just
>jumped-up monkey hsunchen (like everywhere south of Calais is just
>wogs), so "a barbarian warrior" isn't very good evidence for anyplace
>in particular.

The Brithini do not believe the people of Loskalm and Seshnela to be barbarian nations. They are guilty of being inferior copies of the True People but they are not barbarians.

>> Given Greg's statements on a related matter, I'd say that Humakt
>> was a Vingkotling God whose worship spread to Ralios during the
>> Gods War and became known as Humath to the Galalinae there.

>Can we have the original statement, please?

What statement? I'm _extrapolating_ from Greg's comments about the origins of another god (Issaries).