Krang's table

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:53:29 +1300

Dan McCluskey:

>>The archetype of a fear-ridden troll is Zorak Zoran.

>I disagree, (sort of) -- Zorak Zoran is Fear turned to Anger, whereas in
>"normal" trolls, fear becomes obedience.

Yet obediance does not translate into top-rank discipline. Trolls are normally fearful of their mothers and their wives when in proximity of them. When removed from the mother etc., this fear would disappear and the troll would be undisciplined.

Furthermore there's the matter of the Mother thinking untrollishly in ordering all these security precautions.

>>This is the residence of a troll clan with female uz and
>>trollkin around, it is not a high-level military installation.

>Exactly. Mothers are the most valuable thing trolls have.

So why your previous statements that the trolls were security conscious because they were fearful that the table might be taken away from them?

>There will clearly be more defences for a breeding group than
>for the barraks of a bunch of "mere men".

Any sign of this in Krang's stronghold?

>>And trolls can obtain decent security with trollish tactics. The
>>Sazdorf manage to live without Krang's security routines.

>The Sazdorf are a tiny remnant of a Tribe, living secretively in an
>isolated ruin.

The Sazdorfs are much larger than Krang's clan and are raided by the Telmori, Orlanthi and Praxians. Krang lives in an Urban region right next other uz and I doubt that the Pavis Troll clans raid each other as you suggest.