Uz & LUV...

From: Topi <popi_at_freenet.hut.fi>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:30:16 +0200

In a campaing I´m running one of my players has a great troll character and I´ve been thinking about developing the characters future in the lines of Conan the barbarian (The Arnold Swartsch%# what ever movie).The movie presents  a perfect example of the "revenge" theme in story telling, where the hero of the story loses his family and loved ones to to the all powerful evil villain of the story and wants revenge.This revenge drives the hero´s quest to better himself.Etc...   Well... In order to want revenge for someone killing his loved ones he has to have strong emotional ties to his loved ones. In my understanding trolls have a very different social and emotional life compared to humans.If troll society is matriarchal and the relationships between female and male trolls are not equal (ie. female is dominant.).How can emotional ties strong enough to sacrifice your self for your mate to live develop?What is troll love? Most descriptions on troll culture describe both male and female trolls as the typical tough human male from the streets.Always talking hard and judging others by their social "strenght" and status. What about the tender feelings like affection and closeness? How does a troll show affection to another troll? With a tender kiss? With passionate lovemaking? This also raises the question of what is a trolls view on lovemaking...(Do trolls "make love" to each other or just have sex) Do all relationships between female and male trolls resemble a mother and son relationship, the male trolls always trying to prove themselves to females? Is equal love and affection possible in troll culture or can a male troll only attain those feelings outside troll "culture"? In Conan the barbarian, Conan has a loved one called Valeria and she loves Conan enough to take his place in hell and bring him back to life. Can a similar thing happen in troll culture and how do female trolls see males? As carries of semen and good workes? Also is Uleria worshipped by uz??? What place holds love in troll culture and literature???