Immutable Orlanth?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:10:32 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

Me>> Orlanth and Humakt existed in roughly the same form as they
>> did now as far back as Heort's time (which is the grey age
>> before the Dawn).

>That is a bit hard to determine. Neither Lokamayadon nor Harmast had any
>regard for what was true before their findings, but changed or collated
>the myths as they saw fit.

We have myths from peoples other than Lokamayadon and Harmast, such as the current myth of the month. We even have some Vingkotling era myths (published in Tentacles 1 & Enclosure 2). And Harmast and Lokaymadon were more respectful of the myths than you suggest.

>Who can
>say whether the Heortling Orlanth survived this unchanged?

I never said they survived unchanged, I said they existed in roughly the same form, which allows some scope for change (such as the change from Orlanth the Lifebringer into Orlanth the Lightbringer).