False Gods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:25:52 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

Me>>Rather [Humct] is a Malkioni interpretation of the god Humakt
>>when they came into contact with the Gods during the Storm Age.

>Which local variation of Humakt, though?

Doesn't really matter. All that was needed was the Malkioni to encounter the God of Death and repel him.

>(He isn't claimed as Arkat's father, either, although
>Arkat seems to have adopted his ways or magics in order to overcome the
>Vampire kings of Tanisor.

Arkat overthrew the Vampire Kings while still a Knight of Hrestol. He didn't become a Humakti or exhibit awareness of his myths until several years later. After all, he was a fanatic in every religion he joined.

>Did the old Seshnegi wizards call on the False Gods' spells?

No, they didn't as Wizardry is incompatible with worship of the False Gods. Worship of the Gods was controlled by Pagan Temples and the Seshnegi King's List Part I mentions conflicts between these two powers. Eventually the Malkioni Way was superior.

>Did the failed Brithini of Arkat's and TMP's emigration to
>Arolanit?)

They weren't failures but dissidents. They were excommunicated because their continued presence in Brithos was unacceptable to the ruling Talars. Many of them still live in Arolanit today.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #166