Dreaming

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 20:32:52 +0000

Nils Weinander:
>> A couple of years ago, the dragon-dream connection
>> prompted the idea that dragonewts are so weird because
>> they are simultaneously dreaming and fully awake. The
>> idea may not hold water nowadays though.

While I don't subscribe to this concept, I do think that draconic mysticism includes somewhere the power to make one's dreams manifest in other peoples' reality. Dream Dragons, Wyverns, and Dragon's Eye all have been described as the manifested dreams of True Dragons. IMO the EWF magicians went quite a long way along this route. Quite likely their True Dragons like Drang or the Sun Dragon were the manifested dreams of coteries of priests.

Alex Ferguson
> So back in the original example, I'd say that the Kralori probably
> don't regard Dream Dragons, or indeed the Emperor, as being 'dreams'
> in a strongly literalistic sense -- or at least, not in any more
> than is everything else. Perhaps less so, since a dream dragon, and
> certainly the emperor, is a higher/more fully realized level of
> (draconic) consciousness than Jobo Longs in the street.

We know that the most powerful Exarchs can "summon" Dream Dragons to the Kralori armed forces. IMO "manifest" would be more correct.

As for striking with a bokken, that can be done on some convention next year...