Heroic and Mass Battles.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:41:44 +1300

Terra Incognita:

>imo, system of mass-combat magic in the variety of war god cult isnt clear
>enough in RQ rules. fr ex:

>single combat control:humakt, shargash, storm bull, zorak zoran,
>orlanth adventurous, other elder gods

>mass combat control:arkat?, kwaratch kang, hwalin darthippa, other lunar
>gods, polaris, daxdarius, another hoplite star captains

Humakt exists as a battle cult (cf the Morale Spell). I agree that this isn't common among the Orlanth Humakti and even the Sartarite Household of Death may have been a band of Heroes rather than a disciplined regiment.

Shargash too has a tradition of mass combat. They are none too picky about how the enemy gets destroyed so long as it's gory.

Storm Bull and Zorak Zoran cultists do form armed gangs of berserks that can be extremely unpleasant to encounter for the receiving end.

Arkat isn't really a war cult but really heroic in style. Some Arkati do form regiments on the battlefield (perhaps a vestige of Hrestoli knightly orders) but most prefer hidden methods of warfare. I don't think Kwaratch Kwang has any significant worship among the Uz to form a regiment.