Re: The Empires military

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:28:19 GMT

Martin Laurie on the size of Lunar cavalry:
> 25,000 is a close number. Nearer 30,000 actually.

Yer barkin' mad, man. I hesitate to ask, but how many infantry battalions have you pencilled in?

If this is including forces that are techincally _Allies_, I can just about believe it, though it still seems on the high side. Compare it to the cavalry forces deployed in the DP region in the eponymous boardgame, at the height of _war_ with Sartar, much less in an occupation situation (which is the context we got onto this topic from).

Digest historians will doubtless note this is a role-reversal from my (much) earlier argussion with Sandy P. Colour me militantly moderate...

Cheers,
Alex.