Re: Adventuring power

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:20:04 GMT

Kmnellist:
> Just a small point, but I don't see that it should necessarily give no
> adventuring power. After all, children shouldn't be adventuring and adults
> should have some advantage over children that makes them better at that sort
> of thing. Pantheon worship *amongst Orlanthi* (not necessarily Dara Happans,
> but probably Praxians, as examples) should give some small benefit IMO.
> Orlanth culture is pretty adventuresome after all.

That's backwards, IMO. Dara Happan culture is the _most_ pantheonoriented  of the above, by a street. Admittedly how much magic you actually get, much less how useful it is for 'adventuring' (rather depends the adventure you have in mind...) is a moot point. Praxians OTOH I don't think do the 'pantheon thing' much at all. Certainly to a lesser extent than the Orlanthi.

Cheers,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #174