Gazzanomics

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 21:07:24 -0000

Gazza asks:

> How much is a Lunar/Penny/Guilder worth?
>
> I mean, there's RQ3, which says basically that 1 penny is the daily
> subsistence level. Fair enough. But then, in RQ Con Compendium,
> in the LARP writeup, it seems that 5L is enough to hire an entire
> company of mercenaries. So something's stuffed here.

The economics used in our freeform games bear no relation to real Gloranthan economics. Use RQ3 for any serious analysis, and ignore any figures printed in freeform writeups. They are not meant to make sense -- they are a game mechanic, nothing more.

The "Lunars" we used in "Home of the Bold" were beautiful minted metal coins, lovely souvenirs after the game. Requiring players to carry around hundreds or indeed thousands of them would have been rather unreasonable, and perhaps uneconomical.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick