Re: humakti fertility

From: Guy Jobbins <gej865_at_spp2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:59:33 GMT

simon hibbs said this:

> I completely fail to see why Humakti might lose their
> fertility. If anything sticking things into people
> is sexualy assertive, especialy in Orlanthi society.
> Humakt was a storm god, well known for their virility,
> who penetrated deep into the underworld to unleash
> an devastatingly powerfull and mysterious force.
> Not the kind of think one would associate with
> firing blanks.

i don't think of humakti being infertile in the sense that vingans are. vingans can't conceive, where as humakti are more likely to suffer miscarriages or death during childbirth. functionally that is infertility, i guess, but it's due to (association with the) death (rune) rather than sterility.

???

cheers, guy