re: Belintar's book; Ernalda

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:55:54 -0800

Tim Adams asked

> does anyone know about the status of Belintars book? is it done, or is Greg
> still working it over?

My guess is neither statement is true. I doubt it's truly finished, but I don't think Greg is currently working on it.

Alex Ferguson wrote:

> the computer game is neatly
> explicit about this, and one you've generated your clan, determining
> whether Orlanth[*] or Ernalda is the most important god, your clan
> ring will pitilessly abuse you if you then select a person of the
> wrong cult -- and gender, since they map 1:1 in KoDP -- on these grounds.
> I think myself it's not quite as clear-cut as that

I'm sure it's not so clear-cut, but for King of Dragon Pass (which is directed to a non-Gloranthaphile audience) we needed something simple. Thus, if you're an Ernalda clan, you'd best have an Ernalda chief. Of course, you may not have any qualified Ernaldans, so it's a trade-off.