In a Rut

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 17:27:19 +1100

G'day all,

In a Rut

Andrew Raphael:

>I find it hard to believe that the Pavis Road is anything but a dirt
>road trodden flat by the feet & hooves of the caravans.

Ian Thomson:

>Certainly it makes sense that the road is not so large or as
>well-maintained as the paperwork in Glamour might indicate. Also, since the
>abandonment of Prax as a route to the sea (in 1619 with the invasion of
>Heortland?) the maintenance on the road would drop.

Also, whatever road the Lunars did build (and I also suspect it's much grander on paper than in actuality), it stops at Pavis. A trail to the sea exists, following the river valley down to Corflu, but most traffic would be by water. Plans did exist to construct a Lunar road all the way, but political considerations - not wanting to offend their Sun Dome allies - got in the way. Besides, the Sun Domers are so xenophobic, they even different width axle ruts to the outside world:

Start Jaxarte and the Sun Dome, SUN COUNTY, p.12:
>In the mean time, my driver set about changing the axles of my gig so that
they would
>fit the wheel ruts of Sun County, a tedious but necessary task!
>[What could be a better illustration of the insular and aloof nature of
Sun Dome >society than their roads!]

Cheers,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN - 9 Parker Street Richmond VIC 3121 Australia +61-3-9428-9048
           Email me : mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html