Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #181

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 11:07:52 -0600

>From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
>Subject: Uleria's harmony
>
>Andrew E Larsen:
>
>> This makes a lot of sense, but if it's true, why does Uleria have
>>Fertility and Infinity as her runes? Fertility and Harmony (or Fertility,
>>Harmony, Fertility) seems a more reasonable set of runes for her.
>
>Uleria has the infinity rune because she is the source of the
>fertility rune. She can't have Harmony because she loved
>boggles (disorder) during the Gods War.

        I don't follow your logic here. Why would owning the Fertility rune give Uleria the Infinity rune instead of a second Fertility rune?

        I can buy the idea about Harmony, especially since love is often disruptive, but then why would she have the Community rune spell? It seems to be a manifestation of either a Harmony or Issaries/Communication rune?

>Martin Crim reckons:
>
>>1. use awakened dove as allied spirit. I believe this is from the
>>official write-up, long version.

        Is there an offical long-form write up of Uleria? Where did it appear? Has anybody got a copy I can get?

Andrew E. Larsen