Uleria

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:23:19 +0800

> This makes a lot of sense, but if it's true, why does Uleria have
>Fertility and Infinity as her runes? Fertility and Harmony (or Fertility,
>Harmony, Fertility) seems a more reasonable set of runes for her.

         Harmony? Think of all the trouble caused by illicit lovers, and unwanted children, and sudden plagues of weeds or vermin. Uleria is the patron of all that too. Or you could accept Peters explanation that she loved the Boggles - or even say that the Boggles story is a metaphorical explanation of what is wrong with Uleria (the exact relationship between myth and metaphor being a little too complex to go into here). Simply put, Uleria Loves all Love and Life - she doesn't distinguish between the orderly and the troublesome.

        She has Fertility and Infinity because she is the original source of Fertility. A doubled Fertility would indicate that she was the current owner of Fertility.

> It sounds like there's some real potential for Uleria Heroquests,
>especially the Doomed Lover Heroquest.

        Absolutely. In particular, there are a number of Hidden Places sacred to Uleria that serve as sanctuaries for lovers - an excellent heroquest idea, I say.

	Cheers
		David