God Learners and Peloria

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:28:36 +1300

David Dunham:

Me>> Oh yes, they did. They ruthlessly exploited this
>> phenomenon according to the introduction of the
>> Entekosiad (the Paradox solution)

>Which is especially paradoxical because other sources say that the
>God Learners never got to Dara Happa... (You probably remember where
>this reference is.)

Actual reference is back page of the Elder Secrets if anybody really wants to know.

>Greg has tried to explain this by saying that Entekosiad refers to
>God Learner techniques, not *the* God Learners of the Middle Sea
>Empire.

That's not how I remember it. What he actually said was that the text was enclosed in square brackets indicating that it was non-gloranthan information and in any case he meant that the God Learners exploited these types of paradoxes rather than God Learners exploited the similarites between Dendara and Entekos.

I do remember proposing that the Karsdevanic Clarifications used God Learner techniques (reconstructed by going through the prohibitions laid down by the then-despised Carmanians) but I don't think Greg has actually endorsed this.