Old Pavis slaves

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:44:11 +0000

Keith:
> There is plenty of evidence for Pavic slave trade, Morocanth traders
> cited previously for one, the fact that it is the main trade item out
> of Prax the other. Slavery would have disappeared during both the
> siege by Jaldon and then during the Ocupation.

IMO the slave trade organized by the Morocanth was collecting slaves from the Beast Riders (possibly from raids into the EWF, too), and shipping them from Pavis to Pimper's Block, or elsewhere near the EWF where people like Delecti needed subjects for their experiments.

I still don't see any evidence or need that the population of Pavis included large numbers of slaves, civilized or otherwise.

Neither could I find any evidence that the God Learners transported slaves from Ralios. Involuntary settlers, yes. If they had wanted slaves in Umathela, they could have aquired them in Fonrit.