Vinga Regina

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:37:10 +0000

Someone (Alex?):

> If OA=V, and OA=OR, but OR=/=V...

How did we arrive at "OA=OR"? Orlanth Rex requires the initiate to be a thane of the clan or tribe. In other words, a ring member, many of which are chosen for their membership in cults other than Orlanth (e.g. Lightbringers, Humakt, Ernalda, Asrelia).

This lends the question whether ring members of a clan or tribe undergo a special initiation to the sovereignty secrets of Orlanth. Assuming they do, I guess this may account for some of the Andrin's Words line demanding "must know the secrets of Orlanth" of chieftains (and tribal kings). Clan initiation will complement this.

Orlanth Adventurous and Vinga both are eligible cults for ring members (heck, even Eurmal is). And apparently whoever has been a ring member can qualify as chief or king. (The Orlanth Rex cult might even be _the_ requirement for the second cult demanded for the King).