God Learners in Mythic Dara Happa

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:52:33 +0000

Philip Hibbs quoting <?>

>>Which is especially paradoxical because other sources
>>say that the God Learners never got to Dara Happa...

> They may have got to the Dara Happan mythical realm, without necessarily > travelling there over mundane land.

They certainly knew enough of the basics of the Dara Happan mythical outlay that they positioned the land of brilliance southeast of Yelm's Palace - which they identified as the Spike, with the strange consequence that they report a Heron Hegemony (i.e. Suvaria, land of SurEnslib the Heron Goddess) somewhere we would expect Slon or its precursors to be.

They certainly had access to Dara Happan documents on the skies, and to whatever knowledge the Theyalans had gathered during the God Project and which survived Arkat's war against Gbaji. This they may have taken from the Arkati in Ralios (whom they plundered ruthlessly) or from/through their scholarly center in Nochet (which predated the God Learners properly but probably helped start the movement).