Products

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:08:34 -0000

Simon Moon (nice surname, mate!) asks:

> Is the RuneQuest Deluxe Rulebook any good? I have the deluxe boxed set,
> but the books are getting ratty....are the rules in the book identical?

Yep, only the Errata are printed in the back. Not integrated into the rules' text, of course, as that would have taken some Effort, and we *are* talking Avalon Hill here...

David Fiorito asks:

> I understand that several of the Avalon Hill products were printed in
> the UK as hardback books. Which were published this way and how many
> are still around for purchase?

"RuneQuest" (Standard RuneQuest, slimmed down a bit: basic character generation, magic including partial spell lists and leaving out Shaman, Priest and Sorcerer rules)

"Advanced RuneQuest" (i.e. all the bits left out of Standard RuneQuest, other than the Creatures Book and Intro to Glorantha Book).

"RuneQuest Monsters" (the Creatures Book, plus chaos creature and dragonewt stats from the Intro to Glorantha Book, plus the pregenerated stats from Monster Coliseum).

"Land of Ninja" (reprint of the AH boxed set).

"Griffin Island" (reprint of the AH boxed set, with some extra bits).

None of these are still around for purchase. GW dumped their remaining stocks in 1990 or thereabouts at fire-sale prices, around the time they ditched hobby gaming in favour of chaos spiky bits sold through monthly miniatures catalogues.

> Also how hard is it to get a hold of Games Workshop RQ2 products?

It's extremely difficult. Try online or RQCon auctions for GW RQ2 or RQ3 products. There will be some old stuff on sale at Convulsion 2000 ("C2K") next summer in England, but this may not be useful information for you.

Bryan asks:

> My wife wants to know if one can play a Duck clan in KoDP.

No: you can only play a (human) Orlanthi, Ernaldan or Elmali clan. But you can certainly beat Duck clans up, and your advisers tend to treat the Ducks with (entirely deserved) contempt.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick