Burtae

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 18:05:32 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

NB>>>The Infinity rune doesn't pass down, even (or especially) to
>>>crossbred offspring of Celestial Court entities.

Me>> Except in the singular case of Umath.

>In which case it wasn't passed down.

Umm, Umath's parents had the infinity rune, Umat has the infinity rune. Ergo it is passed down.

>Umath was first ("source"?) of the Burtae

No, he wasn't. Burtae existed before Umath and Issaries is said to have carried around the notes that led to the coupling of sky and earth. In particular:

	These new-found entities were the Burtae, the younger
	gods.

	This cross-fertilization first occurred among the
	lesser spirits, then the greater, and at last
	among the two of the greatest of the Celestial
	Court [Umath's parents].
				p239 RQ3 rulebook.

>Spirit: I doubt the Horned Man would be the source for the spirit rune.

He is described as such in the RQ3 rulebook.